MBA (Top-Up) - Online Distance Learning
About the Course
As an ambitious and driven student, you will bring to the programme your work experience. This might be from a functional role, for example in marketing or HRM, or a profession such as law or accounting. In either case, you will have a considerable depth of experience in one specific area. This MBA will help you to gain a broader understanding of business by exposing you to key aspects of it and showing you how it all fits together.
Conversely, you might have had a more varied role, perhaps in running a small business, where you have some understanding over a range of business activities, but need help in developing your existing business knowledge further.
In both cases our MBA will update your management toolkit and give you a broader stronger profile to enhance your career. Critically, we take a strategic perspective on business and management that helps you develop the skills to contribute to major business decisions organisations have to make about their future.
The MBA is not just an academic course. Tutors will bring into the classroom practical real-life business problems for you to work on and solve, thus enhancing your understanding of how a business works.
- Develop your existing skills and knowledge to management level
- Apply your learning to actual business situations
- Gain a strategic perspective on business
On completion of the qualification you will be able to:
- Apply theoretical understanding of management to complex and current business issues with a view to improving business practice
- Critically reflect on your leadership skills and thereby prepare for senior roles within the organisation, while developing a lifelong learning attitude to education and training
- Demonstrate a thorough insight into contemporary research and leading-edge practice within the field of strategic management
- Develop considerable autonomy in your learning and enhance your ability to plan and implement consultancy projects in a group context
- Generate originality and enterprise in approaching complex business issues
- Demonstrate self-direction and autonomy in research and scholarship towards a new contribution to knowledge in a chosen field of management
We enrol you with our partnership organisation the London School of Marketing and the degree is accredited by Anglia Ruskin University.
- UK bachelor’s degree and two years managerial work experience or equivalent OR five years of managerial work experience (considered on an individual basis)
- A good command of English
- Applicants will also need one of the access qualifications listed below to obtain entry to the MBA (Top-up):
- ABP Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management
- ABE Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management
- Edexcel Advanced Postgraduate Diploma
OR an equivalent qualification Level 7 qualification
- Enrolments take place on a monthly basis
- 7-9 months
- Marketing Design & Innovation
- Research Methods for Managers
- Dissertation Project
- 2 Assignments
- 1 Dissertation
Students are allocated a UK-based tutor.
The following is included for all study modes:
- Course materials that include structured lecture notes, practical applications giving real world examples, and case studies that challenge you to apply your knowledge
- Assessment materials via our Integrated Modular Study System (IMSS) E Learning Platform
- Online Community to keep in touch and share with fellow students online
- A comprehensive e-library that contains recommended study texts and reference books available for online reading
- Mintel market reports, providing industry reports, financial analysis and company information
- Two complimentary digital publications to support your revision
In addition, you will also receive the following:
- Welcome webinar upon course commencement
- Online webinars for assignment/exam workshops
- A dedicated one-to-one tutor is assigned to provide comprehensive support throughout the course
- One-to-one supervision for all Major Project modules
Required Study Time
- Approximately 10 hours per week
These course fees cover all study materials, personal tutor support and assessments.
Fee Instalment Option
Deposit of £3000 then payment of £196.25 for 8 months – payable on 1st of each month via credit / debit card.
Loans available for UK students only (subject to status) – minimum 5% deposit of complete fee then 0% APR over 6, 10 or 12 months
If you are interested in studying this course with us, please email email@example.com