Pearson Edexcel HND Business Accounting and Finance
The HND consists of 15 units.
- Provides learners with an understanding of different organisations
- Understand the influence of stakeholders and the relationship between businesses and the local, national and global environments
- Understand the purchase decision-making process
- Recognise situations that influence buying behaviour
- Exploration of marketing research process
- Builds knowledge and understanding developed in Human Resources
- Understand the application of Human Resource Management
- Understand the operations function within an organisation
- Develop knowledge to include elements of product and job design, planning and control
- Analyses of cost information, both current and future
- Budgetary planning and control
- Preparing forecasts and budgets
- Understand the nature of the legal system
- Suggest appropriate legal solutions to business problems
- Recommend alternative legal advice
- Record business transactions using double-entry book-keeping
- Extract a trial balance
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Establish project aims
- Conduct small-scale research
- Communicate recommendations
- Reflect on value of conducting the project
- Develop skills of independent enquiry and critical analyses
- Understand individual and group behaviour in organisations
- Manage behaviour in the workplace
- Analyse the context and purpose of financial reporting.
- Interpret financial statements.
- Evaluate financial reporting standards and theoretical models and concepts.
- Evaluate international differences in financial reporting.
- Analyse the purpose for developing and presenting financial information
- Evaluate the use of management accounting techniques to support organisational performance
- Analyse actual and standard costs to control and correct variances
- Evaluate how a changing business environment impacts on management accounting
- Understand financial data and how it is used to support strategic objectives
- Manage budgets strategically
- Develop financial proposals against strategic objectives
- Knowledge and understanding of how a business unit can strategically organise and plan for likely future outcomes
- Analyse employee knowledge, skills and behaviours required by HR professionals
- Analyse the factors to be considered when implementing and evaluating inclusive learning and development to drive sustainable business performance
- Apply knowledge and understanding to the ways in which high-performance working (HPW) contributes to employee engagement and competitive advantage
- Evaluate ways in which performance management, collaborative working and effective communication can support high-performance culture and commitment
- Students must be over 18 years of age
- English language fluency to IELTS Level 5.5. (International students only)
- Have a related Level 3 qualification or related work experience (paid or unpaid)
- Every Monday, excluding UK Bank Holidays
- Completion of an assignment for each unit
- No examinations
- Students are allocated a UK-based Tutor
- Tutors are available by telephone and Moodle Messaging (email via the Virtual Learning Environment) to discuss course materials and provide support and assistance with assignments
- Students Services are available by telephone and email to assist with any issues or concerns during your course
- The course is a self-study course. It is delivered via an online Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) called Moodle
- All course materials are available online
Required Study Time
- 4 to 6 weeks per unit
- You will be given a timetable to follow
There are several ways you can pay for your fees.
Level 5 HND Business Accounting and Finance
£3250 GBP, plus Edexcel Registration Fee £292.98
The course fees cover all study materials, personal tutor support and assessments.
Note: There is a £100 admin charge if using this option
Deposit and Registration Fee: Deposit £551 plus registration fee
Eighteen instalments of £155.50 payable on the 1st of each month after the start of the course
Loans available for UK students (subject to status) – minimum 10% deposit of complete fee then 0% APR over 6, 10 or 12 months.